Friday, November 11, 2011

Good Kinky Fun - Venus in Fur


New York. I can't write the name of arguably America's coolest cities without a bit of a sigh of longing. I was in the big apple last week and did my best to take a huge bite. If my jeans are any indication, I took several bites and then some. I'm now back home in Austin, arguably one of America's coolest cities but in a completely different way, and I can't help be haunted by one of the best theatre productions I've ever seen. Venus in Fur was the production. And if the man sitting next to me (no, not my husband) in the theater was a barometer, the show was hot enough to give the Devil a run for his money.

As much as I would love to pimp my latest release (Private Showing from the Toys-4-Us series) or the Kindle Fire giveaway (http://toys4ustales.blogspot.com) I have to tell you all about this simply fabulous production. Here's where I'm going to wimp out a little, but in a good way. I'm putting in the information from the show itself, because it's perfect.

VENUS IN FUR makes its Broadway premiere at MTC. Vanda (NINA ARIANDA) is a preternaturally talented young actress determined to land the lead in Thomas' (HUGH DANCY) new play based on the classic erotic novel, Venus in Fur. Her emotionally charged audition for the gifted but demanding playwright/director becomes an electrifying game of cat and mouse that blurs the lines between fantasy and reality, seduction and power, love and sex. This dazzling new play is written by theatrical mastermind DAVID IVES, and directed by Tony Award® winner WALTER BOBBIE. Thanks to http://www.playbill.com/ for the picture of the playbill I'm using in this blog.

With that said, let me tell you that both actors were terrific. Really terrific. But, and we all knew there was a big but coming, Nina Arianda was nothing less than brilliant. She had me in the palm of her hand the moment she stormed on to the stage. Not for one second did I not believe she was the character she portrayed. She never threw me out of the story. Rather, she sucked me in and had me hanging in suspense, especially as she mastered Thomas. I kid you not, the man sitting next to me caught his breath so many times, I had to look at him to make sure he hadn't gone into cardiac arrest. The story, the seduction, the brilliant weaving in of S&M, and the acting was so phenomenal, we were all a little breathless.

By the way, this wasn't a nasty show by any means. It was sophisticated, funny, and gripping. You'll love it.

If you happen to be lucky enough to visit New York and you're thinking about seeing a production, do yourself a favor and check out Venus in Fur. Then write me at Brenna.Zinn@BrennaZinn.com and let me know what you think. Or leave me a comment here if you've already seen it. What did you think?

In the meantime, check out this excerpt from my latest release, Private Showing. Be warned. This is an adult excerpt. Enjoy!

"What are you doing?" The pink flush on her cheeks deepened as she gasped for air. Sparks glittered in her velvet eyes. "This," she started but reconsidered her words. "We won't end well. Believe me. I care too much for you to hurt you."

Her unexpected confession surprised Colin but bolstered his resolve. "Just give me tonight," he growled in frustration.

"Colin, even if we give in for only one night, we'll make things complicated between us." She looked down and sighed. "I don't have the time for complications. You just have to understand that."

"I do understand, lass." He reached for her hand, drawing her back to him, and then held her close. "After tonight, no complications. As you Americans like to say, ‘scouts' honor.’"

For now.

Breathing in her scent of jasmine and pressing into her soft curves crumbled the reservoir of restraint he'd maintained since first meeting the tempting siren. Lust, jagged and rough, surged through his system like sandpaper, making each nerve ending raw and sensitive.

Unable to reign in his primitive need, Colin crushed his mouth against hers. He coaxed open her lips and brushed his tongue along the inside of her sweet mouth, wishing he could taste more—needing to be closer to her. His lips still locked with hers, he guided her backward until her feet bumped the glass of the great room's window.

Though he expected more resistance, Gianna didn't try to pull away. Instead, she melted into his embrace, the weight of her body slowly giving way to his hold.

A moan escaped when her tongue met his and ran down its side, then plunged back again, striking with a fervor he never imagined she possessed. She tilted her lower body against him and rotated her hips in slow circles. With each gyration, her short skirt inched higher, her long bare legs becoming another tease.

Sliding his hand down, he placed his palm beneath her knee and lifted her leg. To his delight, she ground her cunt against the solid length of his thigh. His jeans offered no protection from the moist heat her pussy generated. His dick leapt to life, only to be agonizingly held down by a layer of underwear and denim.

Gianna broke the kiss, but not before biting his bottom lip.

Colin's breath came out as a ragged hiss at the pleasurable pain. "So it's like that, is it?"

"Let's just call it fair warning." She placed her foot on the floor and leaned back against the window, her red mouth slightly swollen. "I'm serious when I tell you this can't end well. Even if we give in for just this night."

"I think I'll take my chances." He ran his free hand up her shoulder then behind her neck, allowing his fingers to tangle in the ebony locks flowing down her back. He grabbed hold of the silken strands and gently pulled. Heat burned in the embers of her dark brown eyes, and a sly smile curved the corners of her mouth.

"I'll give you an hour to stop that. If you're a really bad boy, I'll make it three."

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great play! I haven't been to NYC in several years but it is such a fun city! Glad you had a good time. :D

    ReplyDelete