Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Inside Scoop About Some E.C. Writers

With the countdown to Romanticon nearing the final hours, many of you are probably as excited as I am about meeting your favorite E.C. authors. Lucky for me, I already personally know some of these ladies. And because I love my loyal blog readers, I'm prepared to give you the inside scoop about them, dirty socks and all.

Desiree Holt

The first time I met Desiree, I asked myself what a sweet, grey-haired lady was doing at the local romance writer's meeting. We talked, became friends, then Katy bar the door, I discovered what lurks beneath her innocent exterior - a HOT mama!

Come to find out she used to manage rock bands in the seventies and eighties. She proved her fierceness in a public setting when she bull dogged a guy who was pestering me during a Romantic Times conference The bodyguard in Desiree revealed herself when she told my would-be attempt at a one night stand to shove off in no uncertain terms. At that moment, I knew she'd be a friend for life.

In addition to being a good friend, Desiree is also a prolific writer. I've seen her sit at her computer, which is tucked into a nook surrounded by at least two-thousand books (no exaggeration here) and in fifteen minutes announce she'd just written twelve hundred words. My average word count in fifteen minute? Thirty. If I'm really lucky.

There's no single word to describe Desiree. The words that immediately come to mind are loyal, giving, intelligent, and wickedly practical. Oh - and she's crazy for football, Jeopardy, and sweet wine.

If you have a chance to meet Desiree Holt, don't hesitate to speak to her. She really does love her fans and also loves to hear about how much they like her work. When you meet Desiree, you're truly seeing the real Desiree. She's as genuine as they come.

Best piece of advice when talking to Desiree? Ask if you can order her a glass of moscato wine and then tell her what books and characters of hers you liked the most and why. I promise you'll be happy you did.

1 comment:

  1. And now everyone knows ALMOST all my secrets! Great blog.

    ReplyDelete