My guest today is Heather Kuehl, a wonderful paranormal romance author with loads of great books under her belt. Her latest release, Love and Consequences - A White Wolf Story, is arguably her best book yet.
Which of your books is your personal favorite and why?
- Dream Lover is my favorite book. Not only did it take only four days to write, I also adore the characters within it. Here’s the book blurb for Dream Lover: Denna Rainerd has dreamed about Warren Connelly for the past ten years, their relationship in the dream world hot and passionate. Pity he isn't real...or is he? Warren wishes that Denna was in his real world, but a human in his world would be a liability. He's a Hunter shapeshifter; sworn to protect his world from the darkest of creatures while he's focused on revenge for the death of his brother. Their worlds collide when Warren saves Denna's life, setting up a chain of events that will change their lives forever. Will Denna be able to accept Warren's supernatural secrets?
· What kind of writing rituals do you have?
- Not as many as I wish I had, LoL. I write when the Muse strikes. If she’s not interested then I’ll end up staring at a blank MS Word doc for several hours and get nothing completed.
· What process do you use to develop your characters?
- Once I start writing, they kind of develop themselves. As the story progresses and they have to overcome ordeal after ordeal the character learns and grows. For example, I feel that Sarah Vargas (from Fade to Black, Malevolent Dead, and Blood Moon) has a mind of her own. If I’m writing, and it goes a way that she doesn’t like, then writer’s block will kick in until I back track and fix the issue to her liking.
· Tell us about your latest or upcoming vacation.
- I am so looking forward to going to Disney World again. I love it! The people are so nice and the food is so good. And the rides! I love everything about it. My favorite ride is Peter Pan’s Flight. I remember that one from my childhood and I loved getting to take my son on it last time we went.
· Describe your perfect day.
- My perfect day is a “do nothing” day. Just lay around and watch TV or read a book. I don’t get enough down time, it seems, so I cherish those “do nothing” days.
· Your bucket list. What have you done and what’s left to do?
- I’ll start with what is left to do. Go to England, Ireland, Germany…let’s just sum that up as “go to Europe.” LoL I also want to be able to walk into a bookstore and find my book on the shelf. That’d be cool. I’ve already gotten a tattoo (several actually), written a book, been parasailing, and seen the Mayan ruins in Mexico. The ruins were amazing.
· Who is your greatest source for inspiration?
- Music. A lyric or a certain beat can get my Muse going like nothing else. Every time I listen to Avenged Sevenfold or Evanescence I want to write about Sarah Vargas.
· I can do impressions of
- A monkey; one of the loud screaming ones. I only do it for those I’ve known a long time… After all, they know how crazy I am.
· My guilty pleasure is:
- Mtn. Dew. I know I shouldn’t drink it – if I didn’t I’d lose weight – but I just love the citrus taste of caffeinated goodness.
Heather's latest release -
Kalia Seffmoyer is a rarity within her paranormal world; she is an albino werewolf. Mated to the beautiful Sophia Stone and alpha of the Stone Clan, Kalia Seffmoyer hoped that her life was starting to turn around. Then, news arrives that her parents are coming in town. Kalia’s parents are known to obliterate Mates of the same sex. Will Kalia’s parents do the same to their only daughter?
My mother, Caitlyn Seffmoyer, had nothing but hate emanating from her blue eyes, and it was all for Sophia. She stalked toward us…her eyes looking down at our clasped hands before returning to Sophia.
“Well, is it true?” she asked, contempt in her voice.
“Yes, Mother.” I lifted up the hem of my shirt, revealing my ice-blue Mating Mark. “Sophia Stone is my mate.”
“How could you?” Caitlyn growled. But the question wasn’t directed at me. “You will die for what you’ve done to my daughter.”
“What I’ve done?” Sophia asked. “I’m her mate. She’ll never be alone again. Never again will she be sent from bed to bed like some whore. She is loved by me, and I’ll do anything to make sure that you never abuse her again.”
“Abuse!” Caitlyn roared. I felt the weight of an alpha werewolf in her voice. The members of the Stone Clan cowered, some of them even disappearing into the woods around us. I didn’t blame them. I’d run too if I thought it would do any good.
MuseItHOT Publishing Bookstore: http://museituppublishing.com/bookstore2/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=427&category_id=232&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1